1. Pursue Something. Don’t walk in the entire 365 days without having something particular in mind to achieve. Start a building project, buy a car, pay some school fees, start some job. Just do something!
2. Walk with people wiser or stronger than you. In 2018, surround yourself with people who will inspire you, who will make you feel you can do better, who will challenge you on.
3. Check your dressing or appearance. Don’t put on ‘anything’ just because it covers your nakedness. Your appearance tells a lot about you. Iron your dress neatly. Don’t wear ‘big big’ dresses in the name of religion. Wear more decent but fitting dresses. This is the slogan: Simple but Classy.
4. Check how you talk. Before you open your mouth, be minded of who you are talking to, where you are talking, when you are talking and also know that your integrity is at stake. In every situation, choose silence over speech unless you don’t have any option.
5. Visit your parents quite often. Charley, the old man and woman in the village don’t need your money, they merely need your company. They need someone they can see and feel proud that they too could see their child through varsity, shs, technical/vocational school, etc.
6. In 2018, be more prayerful. Massa, u can’t live your life thinking things occur merely logically. There’s a Supreme Being who makes things happen, pray to him.
- In 2018, start thinking or planning towards dating or marriage. You are not growing any younger. Start buying a few stuffs you’ll need in marriage. Learn how to talk to men with respect and diginity. Carry yourself well. Men, do same.
8. In 2018, always think Positive while being Realistic. When you see tigers praying to God, don’t join them. You can be positive that they won’t ‘chop’ you since they are praying but be realistic too that after the prayers, they’ll remain tigers and God will feed them with flesh.
9. Buy something, package it well and take it to your Pastor. When last did you give your Pastor something? In 2018, try and do something ‘small’ for him. You have no idea what he goes through in his personal life. Let him feel that at least one person in the church cares about him.
10. In 2018, Invest more, save less, spend less. Put your money into investment ventures. Buy T-bills, buy shares, buy fixed deposits, import some goods and sell, be a stock broker, etc. In fact, get more than one stream of income!
11. Atta Mills is gone, Ghana is moving on. Komla Dumor is gone, BBC is still operating, KABA is gone, Multimedia is working. The point is, don’t work your life out. You won’t take your work with you when you die. You are not as important as you think, calm down. Take time off work, go and do medical check-up, visit your family, visit Aburi gardens or the beach and appreciate nature, etc.
- After reading, Share this post to your friends.