Open Heavens daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
The Topic of Open Heavens for 8th October 2021 Is “God Has Alternatives”
MEMORISE: 1 Samuel 15:28
“And Samuel said unto him, The LORD hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbor of thine, that is better than thou.”
READ: Acts 1:15-26 (KJV)
15. And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
16. Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
17. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
18. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
19. And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
20. For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein; and his bishoprick let another take.
21. Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22. Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
23. And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.
24. And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
25. That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
26. And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
Many people do not know that God always has replacements for the people He appoints for one task or the other. Goo cannot be held to ransom on any issue or event. This is the reason He always provides alternatives.
When a child of God becomes swollen-headed and he or she begins to disobey Him in matters like soulwinning, tithing, offering, payment of first fruit and so on, such a fellow is on the way to being replaced. I pray that you will successfully complete all assignments God has given you. He will not have cause to replace you with another person, in Jesus’ name.
The betrayal of Jesus Christ by Judas Iscariot was predicted in Psalm 41:9 which says:
Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
Thus, before Judas Iscariot chose to be a betrayer, God had already seen it. Acts 1:16-26 says also that Matthias was chosen to replace Judas. May you never be replaced by God in Kingdom projects, in Jesus’ name.
Another lesson we can learn from this as children of God is that whenever a way seems blocked, God has more than a thousand alternative ways to replace it. Romans 8:28 says “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
Beloved, learning from the experience of King Saul and Judas Iscariot, we must be very careful about the way we lead our lives so that what happened to them may not happen to us. The Bible says “Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted” – (1 Corinthians 10:6).
God has alternatives for any child of His who would not be law-abiding. Let us, therefore, be wary of doing what would make God replace us with someone else. There are many examples of people who lost their enviable positions and by implication, their relevance in the society due to deliberate or careless mistakes.
Beware of divine replacement; serve the Lord diligently!
Father, please never allow me to do anything that will cause You to replace me, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 5-9